Thursday, August 15, 2013

BROTHER SCAN N CUT ~ I love machines & tools ~ Coming in October

There is nothing that makes me happier than learning a new tool, machine, computer, or piece of software!  I am a techno-gadget person........ and the harder to learn to use and master makes the gadget all the more appealing to me!!!  So I stumbled across the new Brother Scan n Cut this morning. Brother has been in the techno-gadget/machine biz for a long time.  They have fax machines, printers, copiers, sewing/embroidery machines......... I love them all....... So grab a cuppa; and, sit back and enjoy the preview of the Brother Scan N Cut.  I see lots of paper crafting applications....... but I am in wait-n-see mode.  I have lots of cutters and a great scanner; butttttttttttttttttttt, I love a new toy :-)

Questions I have so far:
  • Can I edit once the artwork has been sent to the machine?
  • Is the DPI (300 dpi, I believe) really high enough to do a quality job?
  • Does the SnC have enough internal memory to do a fast job scanning, storing and cutting?
  • Will the SnC connect with my computer? That screen is very very tiny; and, my computer has 16 gigs of ram, enough to handle any job and a 27 inch monitor.
  • Is the machine proprietary?
  • How advanced is the cutting mechanism....... what kind of cardstock and chipboard will it cut and how intricately?
  • PRICE?

Videos:
▶ Le nouveau Scan and Cut de Brother - YouTube ~ Promotional Video from France..... This is a great video!!!

▶ Le Scan and cut de Brother. Courtepointe(quilt) - YouTube ~ Another promo video from France...... shows how the machine can be used by quilters

▶ Scan to Cut - YouTube


Links:
www.castlesewing.com/news/new-scan-n-cut-from-brother

www.castlesewing.com/_userfiles/file/ScanNCut spec sheet -hi Res PDF.pdf

ScanNCut - Reviews & Brand Information - Brother Industries, Ltd. 15-1, Naeshiro-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken JP 467-8561 in European Community (CTM)

ScanNCut - Trademark, owner Brother Industries, Ltd.

SCAN N CUT - Reviews & Brand Information - Brother Industries, Ltd. Nagoya-shi, - Serial Number: 85842391

Balzer Designs: Brother's Scan N Cut Coming in October

Brother Scan N Cut

Brother Scan N Cut

https://www.shappley.com/files/ScanNCut.PDF

https://www.shappley.com/files/ScanNCutSpec..PDF





1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to get my hands on this. I sounds like a great new toy to add to my crafting arsenal!!

    ReplyDelete